Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Long Summer


NOC
Summer was crazy. I got lost in the forests of finland at the Nordic Champs coming paddy last in the long distance, this wasn"t bettered in the Middle Distance Race or the Sprint Qual.
However watching the sprint final was what orienteering is all about. Proper speed orienteering. Hubmann won showing his class!


Forrsa
Ran pretty well at the Forrsa games. Finished top of the Irish and was just shy of the WRE 1,000 point mark. Fail on the account but my best run in finland so far.

Jukola
I ran the long night and was pretty successful. I pulled the team up aload of places while still losing time on a control at the rifle range. Epic Night anyways

Rogaine!
Landed back in ireland for the rogaine! Ran it with the other half, Niall. He"s a bit of a beast. Anywho things were going well until my feet began to fall apart.... He forced marched me for the guts of 40km. Toughest race out there!
Race Report


No comments:

Post a Comment