Saturday, November 07, 2009

The Ridge

Over the past two weeks i've been slowly increasing my milage and trying to up my training while getting in enough college work to make sure i get through my exams!

I finally went back to 3rock for the weekly run. It was a wake up call! Ger is still well able to hammer the pace.

On the racing scene i took part in the Munster Orienteering Championships. I tryed to keep my HR down while enjoying my orienteering. I made a few mistakes and lost time but i was enjoying it which is the most important thing at the moment. Orienteering lost its fun for me after the world championships so i've been teasing myself at races until i want to orienteer hard again. I finished 4th in the race, less than 20sec down on 2nd place. Darren Burke (CorkO) reclaimed his Munster title with Seamus O'Boyle (CNOC) grabbing the silver closely followed by Dav Heally (GEN).


This weekend i took part in the final IMRA race of 2009. the feared Powerscourt Ridge. 15.5km with 1,000m of vertical climb. It is a course to show respect to. Sadly i didn't show it the respect it deserved. I got dropped nearing the summit, despite launching myself at the muddy downhill and taking the lead i couldn't withstand the final 65m climb and i dropped back to third position. I gave it everything on the final fire road but the damage was done by this stage. One positive is i was less than 5mins off of the course record, something which i have my eyes on. That and the Stone Cross to Lug Relay.... Goals for end of session 2010 maybe?


No comments:

Post a Comment