Friday, July 02, 2010

Count Down


With the weather set to lash rain this weekend, it of course turns out that I've scratched Lug from my racing list. With the count down timer firmly on the World Uni Orienteering Champs in Sweden its time to cut down on the beasting sessions and to get focused.

This means attempting to relax and cut down on the distance been pumped into my legs and focus more on quality sessions. I was down on the track last week chatting to the boss and we've sorted out some sessions to have me (hopefully) flying come the 19th.

The two big sessions are a 3,000m on the track on Wednesday, followed by Mount Leinster on Sunday, then its off to Scandi for a few days of map before the racing begins.
A lot of my runs recently have been with map in hand in the mid day heat just visualising the races and preparing myself for what will be an intense sprint and suffer feast of a long.

I've never been this physically strong or fast before so I'm hoping that it will enable me to orienteer better with a clearer mind. Only time will tell.

Following the World Uni's, it'll be a month until the World Military Champs in Norway at the end of August. But before that, the Big Mountain races of the Galtymore (allegedly the toughest race on the calender) and the World Trial are on the menu.

It'll be a pain filled 2 months! Bring it on :)


No comments:

Post a Comment