Friday, July 30, 2010

Oringen 2010

I basically got destroyed by technical swedish forest.

Etape 1 - A disaster, couldn't hit a barn down.
Map here

Etape 2 - Middle distance, a lesson in how to read control descriptions.
Map here

Etape 3 - It was horrible. So horrible and so demolalised so I bailed out at control 6. I can't remember if I drew in my route, but I was an hour to 6.
Map here

Etape 4 - My best day by far - I remembered how to orienteer, the terrain was runable and I ended up in a train. We were motoring along, really had fun this day... because I could run!
Map here

Etape 5 - The chasing start at 15sec intervals.... it was crazy. It was extremely wet. I ended up to my waist in mud/water/rivers/ditches many a time. Didn't really have fun at all.
Map here

Oringen was cool..... but it was long and very tough. It drained me mentally and physically.
I reckon if your going to race Oringen hard - racing a world championships the previous week, its the worlds greatest idea. Twas an experiences to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment